Welcome

I'd like to welcome you all to my new blog . Within this blog I hope to share my outdoors and culinary adventures with you all.


 Ever since I was young I've had a strong connection to the outdoors. I don't know how to explain it other than there is a fire in my heart that burns brightest when I'm outside or in the kitchen. My earliest memories are of my family camping at Whiteswan Lake in the rocky mountains of BC. My whole family fished and hunted and my mom and grandma were masters at preparing the catch. A lot of the skills and ethics I have today originate back to that simpler time when family and conservation meant something. Now 45 years later I still feel that fire, and in some cases, it's grown even hotter.

 I've been fortunate to fish and hunt some of the most majestic places in western Canada. I've caught Stealhead on the Skeena, Halibut in Prince Rupert, Dollies on the Columbia and Chinook at Pedder Bay. I've hunted moose in the Hazeltons, Blacktail deer on Vancouver Island, ducks & geese in Northern Manitoba and ruffed grouse just about everywhere I've been in Canada. In 2013 my wife and I moved to Southern Alberta to take advantage of opportunites to develop our careers. I had often dreamed of hunting Alberta for world class animals so I seized the chance and dove head first into learning everything I could about what this great province had to offer. I was fortunate to have immediate success tagging my first Alberta Whitetail buck less than three hours into my first hunt and from there the train just kept rolling. I managed to chronicle some of my adventure on Facebook but as things progressed I just couldn't accomplish my overall vision within the parameters offered by Facebook.

So now here we are in 2017 and I find myself looking for an outlet to share my adventures, bringing me to start this blog. I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to sharing a little piece of me.



Comments

Popular Posts