A new path

Today marks the start of a journey down a new path. After 5 months of being home I head out on the road again to earn the money that supports my adventures. I'm off to Suncor to help rebuild the boilers. Hot dirty and heavy work for sure, but that's the kind of thing I like. The type of work people who wear suites and sit in offices just don't understand.
 On the eve of my last day home I took my best buddy Piper to the lake for one last romp before I go. She knows the routine. From the moment my suitcase comes out she sticks to my side like glue, She's aware of the separation that is on the horizon and for the last 3 days has conveyed her displeasure with an overabundance of snuggles and puppy dog eyes.
As we strolled along the path to one of my older duck blinds she picked up the scent of a Hungarian Partridge I had seen fly off earlier as we got out of the truck. Ever intent to "find the bird" she put her nose to the ground and began the search.
Nope "It's gone, let's keep going"

Swans and ducks were gathering for the mating season so we watched as flock after flock returned from feeding in the fields. The swans make an eerie sound when the fly over, a very sci-fi  "tick tick tick tick" that reminds me of Star Wars movies.                                                                                    




The Mallards are all paired up and starting to nest. 
Such beautiful birds.....beautiful tasty birds mmmmmmm
After a while it was time to head back. Piper was ready to burn off a little more steam so off she went. A running fool. Oh to be a dog some days, not a care in the world.                                  
The fence offered a chance to work on photography skills a little. I don't know why I have this weird attraction to rusty barbed wire and weathered wood.
One last picture of the ducks...I'll have dreams of early mornings in the duck blind to keep me company in camp.....
So tonight some duck sausage for dinner, finish packing and Piper and I are going to cuddle on the couch and watch Rogue One A Star Wars Story. Tomorrow a 9 hour drive to "The Mac".


                              




Comments

Popular Posts